Delivery Times and Costs
Welsh Slate Paving & Tiles
All deliveries are made by standard delivery service and take 5-6 working days for orders placed before 11.30am Monday – Friday. No orders are despatched or deliveries made at weekends or bank holidays.
Welsh Slate Decorative Aggregates & Rockery Stone
Next working day or standard delivery (c.2-3 working days) are available if ordered before 11.30am Monday - Friday. No orders are despatched or deliveries made at weekends or bank holidays.
Breedon Self Binding Gravel, Decorative Aggregates and Cobbles
All deliveries are made by standard delivery service and take 4-5 working days for orders placed before 11.30am Monday – Friday. No orders are despatched or deliveries made at weekends or bank holidays.
Samples are despatched as soon as possible, but may take up to 7-10 days.
We are endeavouring to continue to achieve these delivery times, but on the odd occasion in these difficult times, we may unfortunately not meet our expected service levels. We appreciate your understanding.
Delivery costs are based on your specific postcode and when you enter your postcode at the checkout on the website, a total price including delivery and VAT is shown.
We use a national courier service to deliver. Deliveries are made during the hours of 8am to 6pm on Weekdays. No deliveries are made at weekends or on bank holidays. They will attempt to ensure timely deliveries however these can be affected by conditions outside of our control, for example unforeseen issues on the road or bad weather conditions.
Please note we are unable to provide delivery times.
All orders come packed onto a pallet or wooden crate. By placing the order and accepting our delivery conditions, you are confirming that the delivery address meets our third party haulier conditions, namely that:
- The order will be delivered to the closest and safest accessible point to the property, in most cases this is a kerbside delivery.
- Deliveries are made using a tail-lift offload and are lowered to the ground.
- There is a manual pump truck on board the delivery vehicle and at the driver’s discretion this may be utilised on flat, hard standing ground.
- The driver is unable to handle the goods or enter a customer’s property, so someone responsible must be available at the property upon delivery.
- The ground and road need to be flat, level and solid tarmac or concrete to use this system. We cannot deliver onto sloping ground, as the tail lift must be able to lay flat on the ground. If you have any doubts, please contact us for further details.
- The road must be wide enough for a lorry to fit down, usually wider and larger than a dustbin lorry. If your access is restricted, please contact us.
- Please make sure that there are no overhead obstructions, such as overhanging trees or cables. Also please inform us of any height restrictions on the delivery route as this could prevent delivery.
- We cannot deliver onto sloping ground, as the tail lift must be able to lay flat on the ground. If you have any doubts, please contact us for further details.
- Broken concrete, gravel or sloping ground is unsuitable and pallets may be left on the roadside only if it's safe to do so.
- We do not deliver by crane or hiab. Therefore goods cannot be lifted over walls or fences.
Please note the following:
Returned goods if cancelled whilst on route or returned due to ground/access conditions being unsuitable for pallet deliveries, will incur a return delivery charge. We will make arrangements to collect or return the goods at the cost of the return charge only. Alternatively you can make your own arrangements to have the goods returned to us within 14 days.
Where a delivery cannot be made due to access or unforeseen circumstances we will attempt a redelivery at your request on the following day or when arranged. There will be a charge for re-delivery and this will vary depending on the delivering depot. We will advise you of this cost prior to re-delivery.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0330 008 4800.