Groundtex Woven Geo Fabric Weed Membrance
All orders are delivered on pallets using a lorry with a tail lift and pump truck.
*please specify QTY for a delivery estimate
Use our measurements calculator to work out how much of our product you will need
Palletised orders. All orders will be delivered on a pallet
Please make sure you read the delivery instructions to ensure you are able to receive a pallet delivery from our dedicated couriers. We unfortunately do not offer hiab or crane offload.
Welsh Slate Decorative Aggregate and Rockery Stone
Standard delivery for orders placed before 11.30am Monday – Friday will be delivered normally within 3-5 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
Flooring, Paving and Walling
Standard delivery is normally within 5-8 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
Breedon Self-Binding Gravel, Breedon Decorative Aggregate and Cobbles
Standard delivery is normally within 3-5 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
All the natural stone we sell is quarried in the UK, so we can guarantee everything we sell is sustainable, ethically sourced and with a low carbon footprint.
Directly from Quarry
We own the quarries, so we can carefully select the unique stone and deliver direct to you, giving you unprecedented access to the source of this natural material, laid down millions of years ago.
Buying direct means no middlemen, so you get the prices direct from the quarries.
Free Stone Samples
Ability to order stone samples to help choose the perfect British natural stone for your project.
Groundtex woven geotextile is a multi-purpose woven geotextile fabric that can be used for weed suppression and ground stabilisation in both soft and hard landscaping schemes. Groundtex is a tough woven geo fabric which successfully meets the requirements for use above ground as a heavy duty weed barrier.
Groundtex can be used beneath type 1 aggregate, sharp/angular stone and gravel including areas subject to pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
Available in 1m x 15m (Roll), 2m x 50m (Folded) and 2m x 25m (Folded)
(for use as a heavy duty weed control membrane)
- Prepare the area where the fabric is to be laid by strimming any existing vegetation down to ground level.
- Remove any stalks or sharp objects that could pierce the fabric.
- For areas badly affected by weed growth, apply a suitable weedkiller.
- Lay the Groundtex fabric out and ensure joints are overlapped by a minimum of 100mm.
- Secure using Extrafix fixing pegs. The best way to secure the edges of the fabric is by ‘spitting’ or ‘trenching’ the fabric 100-150mm into the soil.
- Cover the fabric with a layer of bark or other mulch or decorative stone/aggregates by a minimum of 50mm.
- Groundtex is a woven fabric designed to suppress weeds, but does not eliminate the need for surface weeding as a result of seeds dropped by birds etc growing in the surface covering.
- Groundtex will suppress most weeds but particular attention should be paid to very invasive weeds/grasses such as Mare’s Tail, Bindweed, Crocosmia, Ground Elder, Couch Grass, nettles, brambles and some bulbs. A weedkiller should be applied first and then we would recommend laying a double layer of Groundtex or a double layer of the surface covering (e.g. natural stone chippings) or both for severe areas.
|Suitable For||Suitable for Beds and Borders, Suitable for Alpine and Rockery gardens|
|Shipping Label||Weed Membrane|
|Enable Paverpicker app||No|