Welsh Slate Cwt-y-Bugail Dark Blue Grey Riven tiles
From £8.25 (per tile)
Use our measurements calculator to work out how much of our product you will need
All orders are delivered on pallets using a lorry with a tail lift and pump truck.
*please specify QTY for a delivery estimate
Palletised orders. All orders will be delivered on a pallet
Please make sure you read the delivery instructions to ensure you are able to receive a pallet delivery from our dedicated couriers. We unfortunately do not offer hiab or crane offload.
Welsh Slate Decorative Aggregate and Rockery Stone
Standard delivery for orders placed before 11.30am Monday – Friday will be delivered normally within 3-5 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
Flooring, Paving and Walling
Standard delivery is normally within 5-8 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
Breedon Self-Binding Gravel, Breedon Decorative Aggregate and Cobbles
Standard delivery is normally within 3-5 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
All the natural stone we sell is quarried in the UK, so we can guarantee everything we sell is sustainable, ethically sourced and with a low carbon footprint.
Directly from Quarry
We own the quarries, so we can carefully select the unique stone and deliver direct to you, giving you unprecedented access to the source of this natural material, laid down millions of years ago.
Buying direct means no middlemen, so you get the prices direct from the quarries.
Free Stone Samples
Ability to order stone samples to help choose the perfect British natural stone for your project.
This naturally beautiful British slate has outstanding technical characteristics and was formed during the Ordovician period some 450 million years ago in the North West peninsular of Wales.
Adorning the roofs, floors and walls of iconic and heritage projects throughout the UK and the world, Welsh Slate brings a wealth of knowledge and experience within the stone industry.
The Cwt-y-Bugail riven slate is a dark blue slate, which is quarried at the Cwt-y-Bugail quarry, close to Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales. This quarry has been operated since the mid 19th Century and is the highest operating industrial site in the UK. During World War II, many of Britain's most valuable paintings and national treasures were stored deep inside the slate caverns for safe keeping!
- Easy maintenance due to low water absorption.
- Extremely hard wearing due to the durability of the slate.
- Stunning aesthetic beauty of the natural slate.
- Range of finishes and textures allow for high slip resistance and creativity within the design.
- Welsh Slate is non-porous meaning it is extremely resistant to weathering and chemical damage.
- Offering low levels of water absorption protects the slate from frost damage.
Welsh Slate is committed to conducting its business in an environmentally responsible manner by maximising the environmental benefits, minimising the environmental impact and promoting sustainable development within its operations and services. They are certified to ISO 14001 Environmental accreditation and ISO 9001.
The slate is sensitively extracted from the quarries, and using skills passed down through the generations and the use of cutting-edge technology, the slate is transformed into beautiful luxurious and signature products.
- As this is a natural product, please see the range sample image to understand the markings which may be included in the stone.
- Stone will be produced to a tolerance of +/- 3mm.
- This product is sold unsealed, though a sealer can be applied when installed, depending upon the application. Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- For any bespoke orders, we are always happy to help. Please contact us with your requirements or email email@example.com.
|Suitable For||Suitable for Kitchen, Suitable for bathroom, Suitable for Interior Floors, Suitable for Interior Cladding, Suitable for wet rooms|