Welsh Slate Plum Slate 40mm Decorative Aggregate
All orders are delivered on pallets using a lorry with a tail lift and pump truck.
*please specify QTY for a delivery estimate
- Suitable for outdoor
- Suitable for Paths
- Suitable for Driveways
- Suitable for Beds and Borders
- Suitable for Alpine and Rockery gardens
- Suitable in ponds and for water features
- Fish Friendly (wash prior to use)
Palletised orders. All orders will be delivered on a pallet
Please make sure you read the delivery instructions to ensure you are able to receive a pallet delivery from our dedicated couriers. We unfortunately do not offer hiab or crane offload.
Welsh Slate Decorative Aggregate and Rockery Stone
Standard delivery for orders placed before 11.30am Monday – Friday will be delivered normally within 3-5 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
Flooring, Paving and Walling
Standard delivery is normally within 5-8 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
Breedon Self-Binding Gravel, Breedon Decorative Aggregate and Cobbles
Standard delivery is normally within 3-5 working days. No deliveries at weekends or Bank Holidays.
All the natural stone we sell is quarried in the UK, so we can guarantee everything we sell is sustainable, ethically sourced and with a low carbon footprint.
Directly from Quarry
We own the quarries, so we can carefully select the unique stone and deliver direct to you, giving you unprecedented access to the source of this natural material, laid down millions of years ago.
Buying direct means no middlemen, so you get the prices direct from the quarries.
Free Stone Samples
Ability to order stone samples to help choose the perfect British natural stone for your project.
Both practical and aesthetically appealing, Welsh Slate decorative aggregates are produced from stone formed deep within the Welsh national park some 450 - 500 million years ago. Pure Welsh water, natural weathering and mineral processes has slowly transformed the stone, lending it unique technical properties.
The plum slate decorative aggregate is a dark, dramatic coloured slate, in particular when wet. The Penrhyn plum slate is a heather blue slate, which is quarried at the Penrhyn Quarry, close to Bethesda in North Wales. This quarry at the end of the nineteenth century was the world’s largest slate quarry and the slates produced are regarded as the finest slates in the world, having supplied slate to prestigious projects in over 15 countries. The stone was formed during the Cambrian period 500 million year ago, is hard wearing and colour fast.
Slate decorative aggregates are very versatile and can be used in numerous locations including paths, driveways and for landscaping. They are also widely used for decorative borders where plants, shrubs and small trees are planted.
Borders are usually very prone to weeds and much time in the garden is often spent weeding to ensure that plants grown in them are not suffocated by unwanted growth. Using slate decorative aggregates can save you a lot of time by preventing sunlight reaching unplanted areas where weeds are more likely to take hold.
Weed prevention is not the only benefit of using slate decorative aggregates. Using slate decorative aggregates improve the quality of your soil - they also help the soil retain moisture during hot spells where watering is needed more often. Not only do the benefits of slate decorative aggregates make them a great choice for gardeners, but for anyone wanting to make a beautiful, modern and colourful statement in their garden.
- Save Time – decorative aggregates tend to require much less maintenance than other garden landscaping products and can last for years.
- Save Money – decorative aggregates are actually a lot cheaper than many other landscaping products.
- Flexibility – decorative aggregates can be used in a lot of different ways; paths, driveways, in flower beds, rockeries, fish ponds and as plant toppers.
- Ability to create your own vision yourself.
- The aggregates are hard wearing and colour fast.
- Fish Friendly (Wash prior to use)
- Suitable for ponds and water features.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Low Carbon footprint with no air miles.
- Our bulk bags can be recycled as part of your normal recycling / at your local recycling centre.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Aggregates are supplied unwashed. Any excess dust can be removed by washing the aggregates with water.
- Contact us for any bulk order enquiries.
|Suitable For||Suitable for outdoor, Suitable for Paths, Suitable for Driveways, Suitable for Beds and Borders, Suitable for Alpine and Rockery gardens , Suitable in ponds and for water features, Fish Friendly (wash prior to use)|